If you are a naturally organized, “go-getter” type of person, then online VA work may just be the answer you are looking for when it comes to making money from home.
How to Get Started
- Locally, you can contact businesses in your area and people you know to make them aware of your services. Let them know that you can save them valuable time and money by taking some of the “busy work” off of their hands.
- Join Facebook VA groups where jobs are posted.
- Use eaHELP.com – a US based virtual executive assistance firm
- Add your information to Craigslist and check there frequently
- Use Zirtual – a US based dedicated virtual assistance resource
Tasks to Offer
- Email management
- Social media management – Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, & more
- Project administration
- Expense reports and spreadsheets
- Organization & other
What you get paid will vary depending on the job needed, your skill set, and the size of the organization. You can expect anywhere from $10 per hour to about $50 per hour depending on the situation. The important thing to remember is that you need to find ways to match your particular skill set to the needs of the client and present your services as such.
Be professional, and approach it as you would in applying for most any job. Be creative with ideas on how you can help them, and be honest about your experience.
The job itself is that of an online personal assistant – so you can pitch your services to busy executives who need help managing their lives or to companies who need additional job support from affordable part time workers.
Check out the information from Women for Hire to get ideas on landing your first client!
*affiliate links may be present