DIY Essential Oils Bath Salts Gift
DIY Essential Oils Bath Salts are easy enough for the kids to make. It is special enough to use as a gift for those you hold most dear. The DIY project makes a healthy and affordable option for birthdays, holidays, or any time of the year. Make it for others or make it for yourself!
Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.
DIY Essential Oils Bath Salts – Containers
Use a variety of essential oils to create the scent and get the results you need. You can find a beautiful jar at a thrift store, garage sale, or use a canning jar. Alternatively, you can up-cycle any empty jar. Simply make sure it is clean and dry before you get started.
The ingredients are simple, healthy and flexible. If you don’t have essential oils, they can be delivered right to your home. Get free shipping if you are an Amazon Prime member.
All of the oils listed are both aromatically therapeutic, healing and relaxing. Use any combination you like, or go by the following suggestions. Alternatively, don’t be afraid to choose one favorite base oil, and add a few supporting oils. The smell test is really all you need to customize oils products.
DIY Essential Oils Bath Salts – adding oils
Add 3-7 drops of each oil to 1-2 cups of natural Epsom salt in a jar. Replace the lid and shake, until well mixed. Make sure the mixture isn’t too weak or too strong. Add more oil, or salt accordingly.
A good rule of thumb when making your DIY Essential Oils Bath Salts Gift is to choose one main essential oil fragrance. Then add a few drops of supporting oil fragrances until you are happy with the results. Of course, you can choose to use only one oil but you might enjoy playing with the mixtures.
Essential Oil Combinations for Bath Salts
- lavender, tangerine, marjoram – tranquil, reassuring, relaxing blend
- sandalwood, cedarwood, mandarin – stress relief blend inducing peaceful feelings
- lavender, chamomile – relieve nighttime restlessness, calming & great for skin
- ginger, eucalyptus, juniper, lavender – deep, warming relief from chronic aches and pains associated with rheumatic or arthritic conditions
- lemon, rosemary, lavender – balance, refresh, uplifting blend
- lavender, bergamot, lemon, frankincense – balancing, uplifting blend for stress relief
- lavender, frankincense, lemongrass – relaxing blend for pain, relieves sore muscles and bones
Also, consider adding a foot file, candle or natural sponge to your DIY Essential Oils Bath Salts gift to make a basket for the perfect birthday, holiday or other celebration.
*Disclosure: The indications listed above are not intended to replace the advice of a qualified health professional. Additionally, these products are not intended to diagnose, cure, prevent or treat any disease. Do not use oils anyway which is not indicated according to the manufacturer.