Family Fun Night on a Budget! With a few simple tips, you can enjoy good times, and make wonderful memories on a reasonable budget.
Each family is as different as the individual personalities of which it is made up. But, with a bit of attention to detail, and very little budget, you can make family fun night, one they will remember!
Family Fun Night On a (small) Budget
Our family loves Taco Night. While simply enjoying taco night is something they like, adding a few special details can turn a rather ordinary night, into one they will want to repeat again and again!
Whether or not your family is into taco’s, they are sure to have a fun family favorite meal. Why not make it a family affair and have everyone cook together? Either cook the favorite meal, or try something new and different. The point is to have the family get together and chop, sort, prep, and cook together.
Fun Food Ideas
- Taco Night – let everyone load up on toppings and fix their own accordingly
- Fondue Night – you don’t have to have fancy equipment to do fondue! (Basic cheese fondue recipe here, Fancy cheese recipe here, Chocolate Caramel fondue, Chocolate fondue recipes here) I buy the chocolate for chocolate fountain online, make sure you get good quality chocolate as it really does make a difference.
- Party Food Night – (party food recipes here, more party recipes here)
- Appetizers Only Night – let each family member choose an appetizer to be in charge of making (Southern Living appetizers here, family styleappetizers here)
- Around the World – try food dishes from different countries around the world! (Eat Your Way Around the World cookbook here, World Festivals for Kids here)
Family Fun Dinner – Atmosphere
So, you’ve conquered meal time prep together. The family has enjoyed a fun evening of cooking together, and preparing a party for family fun night food. You’ve heard the old adage “location, location, location”, well, you can pack a punch (of fun) by setting up a great atmosphere for your carefully prepared meal. Below are a few ideas for settings which can add to the fun of the evening. Choose a setting that works well with your food theme!
- Fiesta Dinner – set up the table on the patio or move to the family room. Use colorful table cloth, lanterns or even a pinata to create your fiesta.
- Dine Alfresco – set up the table outside – use hanging lights, lanterns, or candles to add extra fun to the atmosphere.
- Restaurant Style – have the kids play waiter and serve a proper dinner to the parents (of course, they can join the meal too unlike at a real restaurant)
- Pillow Time – create a low table and add pillows to sit on in the floor (great for fondue dipping)
- Dinner & a Movie – gather around the family room for a movie during dinner – maybe choose a movie set in a country matching a themed dinner!
- Party Style – especially if you are doing party theme food or just appetizers, a fun party theme table with decorations included can make it extra fun!
- Formal Dinner – you might be surprised at how much the family can enjoy setting a formal table and creating your own occasion. It’s a good chance to teach formal etiquette too! Furthermore, you might consider sending out personalized invites to each family member.
After Dinner Fun
You’ll find links to some of our favorite games below. But, one way or another, you need to find a stash of games that suits your family! Don’t forget to check out the tried and true classics. We like Clue, Jenga, Old Maid, War, Crazy 8’s and Go Fish – to name a few.
We love Sequence, it’s a game the whole family really enjoys! And, we have heard great things about Man Bites Dog and award winning Brain Freeze. They are on my list to pick up during holiday shopping for sure this year. Also, I look for sales all year long to pick up Christmas for the family. In addition, I love to share those deals with you. Therefore, You are cordially invited to join our Deals and Steals Private Group on Facebook – here.
In conclusion, we’ll be exploring more family fun entertainment ideas to help you make great memories together! I’m determined to factor in more family fun to our schedule, and that means you’ll be hearing about it. Because, I couldn’t possibly have so much fun going on without sharing it with you! Now, could I?
You could even share a few of your ideas with me, maybe, leave them in the comments, either that or jump over to our Facebook page, HERE and share.
Resources you might like for Family Fun Night
Sequence – $16.99 Popular Game for ages 8+ only $7.87 Award Winning Brain Game!
In addition, here are some of our favorite – Fun Food Resources . . .