As spring kicks into high gear, we look for dinners with lighter and fresh ingredients that are easy to put together. While family taco night is a regular occurrence around here, it’s nice to find something a little different that uses some of our favorite taco ingredients. Enter the fabulous new . . . Taco Bake Dinner – it really is cheesy and delicious!
This yummy taco bake dinner can even be put together ahead of time to enjoy later in the week. I also used ingredients left over from other dinners. If you plan your meals for the week, it’s a cinch to make a bit of extra here and there to create completely new meals later in the week. The Taco Bake Dinner is a perfect example and a great way to use up those ingredients.
Taco Bake Dinner
Cheesy and Delicious
For this weeks meals, I made a crock pot full of delicious black beans, and a used our rice maker to make a couple of meals worth of yellow rice. We always enjoy a meal of just beans and rice. We add chopped onions and tomato on top for additional flavor. Making a larger portion of each left us plenty to add to our cheesy delicious taco bake dinner.
The Taco Bake Dinner comes together with layers of flavor using flexible ingredients. Don’t be afraid to remove or add some of your favorite ingredients to this dish!
Taco Bake Dinner
- flour tortillas
- ½ - 1 lb cooked ground beef - flavored with taco seasoning (or cumin, garlic, salt & pepper)
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 cups cooked yellow rice
- 1 cup corn
- 2 - 3 cups grated cheese
- 1 large onion chopped
- colorful peppers chopped - optional
- Grease casserole dish
- Add layer of tortillas on bottom
- Sprinkle layer of ground beef on top
- Sprinkle layer of cheese
- Add layer of rice on top of beef and cheese
- Add corn
- Spoon on half of black beans
- Sprinkle half of chopped onions
- Repeat entire process until casserole dish is full and ingredients are used
- End with more cheese on top and sprinkle colorful chopped peppers
- Bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until cheese in melted and taco bake is hot
You can bake this dish right away or cover and keep in refrigerator up to 3 nights to bake later in the week. It makes a terrific make ahead meal for those busy weeknights!