Turn a Box into an Organization Caddy
If you follow along with me on my personal website then you already know that my son is going into preschool this year. In case you haven’t read about this yet, we will be homeschooling him during this phase of his life. Frankly, I never envisioned us as a homeschool family. However, we have gone down this particular path for three reasons.
- Preschool is expensive where we live.
- He’s a very hyper child and asking him to sit still for long is unrealistic.
- I’m simply not ready to “send him off” yet.
Despite the fact that we are doing school at home I am determined to make it feel as school-like as possible. Here’s why:
- He will benefit from structure
- I want him to feel prepared when he does go to a traditional school
- School should be exciting
While researching and learning about the requirements that he needed to know I felt overwhelmed at times but for the most part, prepared. That was, up until last week. I hadn’t calculated the cost of school supplies. Sure, I can find great resources all across the internet for teaching preschool and I even have teachers in my family to call up when questions arise but I can not survive the year without organization. I also can not survive (for long) without money and it would seem that in order to be organized you would need some sort of money supply backing up the tedious addiction. Unless, you get creative.
This was a good moment for me, working with my hands sticky in glue. It gave me a remembrance to the joy I felt as a child working on projects and strengthened my ambition to teach preschool.
Frugal & FREE Resources for Homeschool
How To Turn A Box Into An Organization Caddy
What You Will Need:
- Decorative Paper
- Cut the wings off of the box. Set Aside
- Glue the paper to the outside of the box. Leave to dry.
- Starting at the top of the long wing, cut two slits from one short side to the other short side. Do not cut all the way through. Be sure to leave plenty of space between each cut to allow room for plenty of storage.
- Cut a slit in the middle of each short wing. Do not cut all the way through.
- Interlock the two sets of wings to create small boxes.
- Place your hashtag looking creation down into the box. Glue into place.
Need more organization in your home?
Check out the Homemaker’s Binder from Frugal Mommas! Plan day to day life, weekly events, birthdays and holidays. Track doctors appointments, plan your shopping and much more from one household organizer.