19 Important Wedding Tips to help you Stay on Budget – It is easy to get carried away but these tips will help you stay focused as the big day approaches!
Once you find Mr. Right it is time to set the budget and plan the wedding. The budget seems to get blown on the little things, especially if the wedding details have been overlooked. I have gathered a list of 19 of some of the most forgotten things when planning a wedding.
Last minute panicking leads to extra spending. If you’re not prepared, little thing get overlooked and those little things can add up fast. First let’s talk about planning the big picture, so we can organize where those little things go!
There are 4 basic parts to a wedding
Choosing your theme lays the frame work for your wedding and your budget. A super formal theme will cost more than a country theme. If you plan right you can do both on a fugal budget. There are wedding in a box options on Craig’s list or Facebook Buy/Sell groups. Wedding in a box, so to speak, are brides that paid full price for their wedding theme and décor and are now selling it at a fraction of the cost.
The wedding is the sentimental party of your day. You will never forget the person that married you or your wedding party. Determine if you will write your own vows. Being married in a church, a garden, or a beach set the tone which should coordinate with your overall theme. The wedding venue will determine some of the quality of your photographs.
The reception is where all the memories are made for you and your guest. This is the personality of your wedding and the place your theme really shines. At this point you are married! The fun celebration can start. You want to enjoy yourself, you’re married now. So have fun and make sure you have everything that you want! If you want to have a huge feast at your wedding then go for it. If you want to have a live band for your wedding then go for it, you could even check out these wedding band hire sites to help you find your perfect band or simply search in your browser for live band for hire but make sure you add what area you’re reception is in as some bands will only travel a certain distance, that being said if you find one that you love that isn’t local to you but you desparately want them to play at your wedding they maybe pursuaded if you offer them a cash incentive to make it worth their while to travel that little bit farther. The more planning you do weeks ahead makes this point that much better.
I will tell you this planning a wedding and trying to please everyone while trying to be true to your and your fiancés desires can be stressful. You are not the first bride to experience such exhaustion. When you feel the pressure sip some herbal Vanilla Bean Chai tea and take a moment to reflect on the reason you are planning. Green tea helps with calming and clarity. After regrouping you will be ready to move forward with new perspective and it will all be worth it!
The dress. Need we contemplate more? The perfect dress, can be new or vintage. Find a dress shop such as Houston wedding dresses which has lots of beautiful dresses to choose from. Vintage is fun then you can redesign it to fit your personality. This is where your wedding colors pop! Will your wedding be causal, black tie, white tie? How many are in your bridal party? I, personally, think it is adorable when the groomsmen wear Chucks.
Tech Wedding Tips: Use an app like Wedding Wire to help you stay on track.
19 Important Wedding Tips to help keep you on budget
- MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE: You must have your marriage certificate in hand when you are wed.
- Your vows: I forgot mine my mom and ushers had to run and find them
- Gifts for your bridal party: This is where you get to speak to the hearts of the women who have surrounded you during this blissful occasion. I have amazing Tea Lover gifts that come completely gift wrapped ready for your ladies. I can work with any budget you give your custom tea gift with amazing flavor, aroma, and appealing to the eye.
- Flower girl baskets: These can be simple or extravagant, depending on the style of your wedding.
- Steamer: There is always that one sloppy friend we love but they don’t have to ruin your day.
- Corsages for the mothers: I recommend the corsage be their favorite flower vs your wedding flower.
- Garter set: Get one to keep and one to throw – like the burlap and satin set here.
- Throw away bouquet: Of course you will want to preserve your bouquet, so be sure to remember to have one made that you can throw.
- Lighter: For the unity candles.
- Guest book: I know you bought one, be sure to remember to bring it!
- Pens: For the guestbook!
- Table Numbers: If you spend time doing a seating chart don’t forget to add the place cards.
- A Card Box: Simple or extravagant which-ever fits your theme.
- Cake Cutters: unless you are doing cupcakes. Although cupcakes are cuter and less to mess with.
- Cake topper: Like this one!
- Panties: No, I am not being vulgar. It is easy to forget undergarments when you are so focused on the dress.
- Wedding Survival Basket: Make a basket that contains glue gun, panty hose, bobby pins, safety pins, scissors, Tylenol, deodorant, gum, pads/tampons, phone charger, and of course anti-drama spray (or perhaps a bit of calming lavender oil) – Keep the basket with you while you are getting ready, put someone in charge of moving it to the wedding and reception venue and keep it in the women’s bathroom.
- Transportation: Determine who is driving your car to the reception. Really, tell your fiancé to put his best man in charge of this task.
- Most importantly! Don’t forget to breathe and enjoy your day! Sip lots of tea and remember every moment. Nothing will go perfectly, just roll with the day. All of these last minute things can be remembered just keep a list in your phone! Once you are back from your honeymoon this is what you can do with your dress!
- Bonus wedding tips: A great way to provide elegant, yet affordable wedding favors for your guests is to use specialty tea bags! You can buy loose leaf tea and create them yourself for the MOST affordable option. Or you can buy singer serving teas – get a set of 12 for a little more than $1 a piece.
wedding tips to help you stay on budget wedding tips