It is hard to beat a good homemade bread recipe! Warm, buttery baked bread, fresh out of the oven, is one of those things that feels, smells, and tastes – like home.
In this fast paced, go, go, go life we live it can be hard to make time for such lavish treats as homemade bread. Right? Even those of us who stay at home often have far too much to do besides slaving over a hot oven.
A recipe that scores big points in my book has to be both delicious, and fairly simple to put together! I believe you will find that this homemade bread recipe takes the prize in both departments. Your family will be sure to thank you! If you wanted to make your bread extra special, you could always take some Truffle Nation Delhi baking courses in order make your experience creating better, as well as the taste!
Easy Homemade Bread Recipe
For special occasions, or to turn a regular weeknight into a special family time, this homemade bread recipe is sure to impress. They won’t even realize how simple it is to put this bread together. They will however, know that they must be your favorite people in the world!
Once the fresh hot bread comes out of the oven, I like to use the wrapper from my butter to spread on a bit of yummy butter on top of the loaf! They are also great to grease a pan before cooking.
Homemade Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all purpose (or whole grain, or ½ spelt mixed with regular) flour
- 2 tsp oil (coconut, olive, or canola oil)
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 tsp honey (or 3 TBS sugar)
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbs dry milk
- 1 cup warm water
- Mix 3 cups non-bleached (whole grain if possible) flour in bowl with 2 tsp oil + 2 tsp active dry yeast + 2 tsp honey + 1½ tsp salt + 3 tbs dry milk – 1 cup warm water- roll in ball and place in greased bowl covered with towel to rise for 30 min – 1 hour
- Punch down & lay out on greased/ floured counter to knead 5 – 10 times.
- Place in greased bread pan, covered on top of stove to rise for 15 minutes
- Cook in 300 oven- 16 min or desired crust color is reached.