Instant Pot recipe Tender whole chicken, prepared in minutes is actually possible! Have you tried the amazing and wildly popular Instant Pot? This is not your mother’s pressure cooker. As a matter of fact, it is a rice cooker, slow cooker, browning, sauteing, yogurt making, miracle cooker.
Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.
Instant Pot Recipe Tender Whole Chicken
Instant Pot is an exciting kitchen tool that allows you to cook tender whole chicken in about 25 minutes! You can change out the spices any way you like. Some great combinations are lemon juice and pepper with garlic, garlic and paprika, thyme and garlic or onion powder.
Salt, pepper, and garlic are really all you need for a delicious chicken dinner.
Tender whole chicken is the perfect meal to make each week to have on hand for quick access by those who are eating low-carb and Keto diets. Pull it apart throughout the week to add on top of fresh salad, low-carb tortillas, stir fry with vegetables, and more!
- 1 Whole chicken (4-5 lbs)
- 1.5 TBS Coconut oil
- 1 Lemon - squeeze juice (2.5 TBS juice - more if you prefer)
- 2.5 tsp garlic powder or chopped fresh garlic
- Sea salt 1 TBS (or your preference)
- 1 TBS black pepper
- Mix dry ingredients together
- Rinse raw chicken, pat dry
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken
- Melt oil in bottom of Instant Pot
- Place chicken (breast down) in pot to brown - about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle chicken (bottom) with part of dry rub
- Flip chicken breast side up
- Sprinkle the rest of the spices evenly on chicken
- Close, lock lid according to pot directions
- Cook on HIGH for 25 minutes