Bacon dog biscuits are a special treat for your favorite canine. This DIY recipe is both easy and contains simple ingredients with a grain-free option.
As with any pet recipe, be sure to check with your vet about your pets diet. Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.
Bacon Dog Biscuits DIY Recipe
- 2 cups flour (all purpose OR coconut)
- 2 eggs (optional – grind up clean shells and add for added calcium)
- 1 heaping tablespoon bacon grease
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (regular or all natural with NO artificial sweeteners *Xylitol is poisonous for dogs)
- sprinkle bits of water to help work dough, little at a time
- optional – add small piece of crumpled bacon to each cookie – press into dough (processed bacon meat is not good for dogs – use sparingly or leave off entirely if your dog eats food regularly with preservatives – if they are fed a raw diet or homemade and don’t get added preservatives, a little bacon treat won’t hurt)
- optional – for dogs who can eat grains without a problem, add 1/2 cup dry oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add ingredients to a bowl and mix well, forming a dough.
- Sprinkle bits of water to moisten and work the dough as needed.
- Roll out into 1/4 inch slab. Cut into pieces or use cookie cutter to make cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Check out our Facebook Group – Frugal Family Deals and Steals to get hot hot deals and regular updates during the Christmas season. Go Here to join our free deals group and start saving money today!
We support Low Rider Dachshund Rescue of Florida
More Pet Recipes