DIY Paw Balm for Pets with essential oils is safe and healthy to ease and help heal dry and cracked paws. This healing balm is lickable!
Disclosure: We use affiliate links. If you make a purchase with our links, we may receive a small profit, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your loyalty. Your support helps us maintain the site.
Using essential oils for your pets is a great way to help them overcome anxiety and natural healing. It’s important that you use only oils that won’t harm them. A few oils you would NEVER use with pets include: Camphor, Cassia, Clove, Garlic, Oregano, Tansy, Tea Tree, Wintergreen, Yarrow. See a larger list HERE> Dr Axe.
DIY Paw Balm for Pets with Essential Oils
Try this soothing DIY Paw Balm to relieve inflammation and heal dry and cracked paws.
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Shea Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Beeswax
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vitamin E Oil
- 2 drops of each Essential Oils: dogs – lavender and peppermint or for dogs and cats helichrysum and frankincense – or any combination of additional essential oils safe for pets such as cardamom, spearmint, and chamomile. *Do not use lavender and peppermint on cats. Because pets are extra sensitive to scents, we use a smaller dose. A little goes a long way!
Add ingredients to a mason jar. Place jar into a pot of water (3-4 inches of water) and warm on low heat until all ingredients are melted. Stir regularly. Remove from heat. Stir in essential oil combination of choice. Set aside to solidify. Keep in refrigerator. Rub onto dry and cracked and inflamed paws for healing relief. Safe for pets to lick!
Check out our Facebook Group – Frugal Family Deals and Steals to get hot hot deals and regular updates during the Christmas season. Go Here to join our free deals group and start saving money today!